Mobile UX design is oriented at emotions and experience while using some application as well as its interface.
A high-quality design can solve the following issues:
- Contemporary mobile apps are used to be oriented at a person. Users want to install applications because there arisen a need to perform some tasks. First of all, developers should be thinking about users’ achievements concurrently focusing on their main tasks. Also, the app layout may be removed from various useless objects.
- The design must be clear and attractive. For the efficient solving of their problems, users should get the working principle of this interface and there should not be a confusion.
Thus, let’s consider the most popular do’s and don’ts of mobile UX design.
- Get rid of the mess. The user’s attention is a vital resource, so, it must be properly distributed. We may say that too cluttered interface is messing with a client with a large data: each new textbox, button or useless image. There is some key rule: use only one key action per screen. Each designed screen of the extension must perform only one vital action for the user. This simplifies its use. A hundred simple screens are much preferable, rather than one cluttered.
- Make the navigation visceral. The developers’ help in navigation supposed to be the main priority of any modern application. A high-quality should be in a form of something that guides the user. Even the most useful feature is completely useless when people can’t find it.
- Use the right size for the tap targets. It’s harder to click small buttons rather than the large ones. While developing a mobile interface you are able to design tap targets average size to click it. When developing control objects make their size 7-10 mm, it will be quite easy to press them. Such kind of tap target is clearly visible while pressing it. So, they would get that this is the right button.
- The text must be clearly legible. Modern smartphones devices have smaller screens in comparison with PCs. It could mean that the main issues of the mobile design is fitting a large data onto a small UI. Perhaps, it’s necessary just fit it while attempting to provide more data. However, this should not be done. The key rule is: the size of the font would be no less than 11 than it is readable at a standard distance without scaling up.
- The details of the interface should be easily visible. just try to use the contrast and the color and the users will see and use the content. Be sure that selected colors make an emphasis on usability on your mobile application. Also, provide the necessary contrast of colors in the application objects, with this you will help users with eyes problems to use the application. Example:
- Do the tests. Very often the mobile UX design may have a fine appearance at a big display but doesn’t show even a half of the utility on a conventional phone device.
Even an attractive design will eventually contain an invisible flaw with transferring to the users without testing. That’s why it’s so important to test your application with real users on different mobile devices before launching the product ready to use.
The listed recommendations are the essential base to begin designing. You are welcome to combine these ideas the way you like. Just keep in mind that design serves not only for designers, it’s developed for users.